After a long winter, business owners in Melbourne can breathe new life into their storefronts, offices, or commercial spaces with a thorough spring cleaning.
While regular cleaning and sanitizing should already be part of your routine, spring cleaning is different. Spring cleaning is a once-a-year opportunity to clean up areas that are neglected throughout the year and reorganize to prepare for the spring and summer seasons.
After a long winter with the windows closed, even the largest and most spacious offices feel a little empty, and perhaps a little disorganized.
But if you’re not a professional cleaning company, you might wonder how to do such a deep cleaning exercise. This is where a to-do list can help.
Why should I use a to-do list for spring cleaning?
Just like you make a daily to-do list or use a grocery bill to keep track of things, a spring cleaning to-do list keeps track of everything you need to do in one place. Thus, you will be as thorough as necessary. And you can make your to-do list as detailed as you want. In fact, a spring cleaning checklist can help you solve problems with organization, clutter, or general space management.
At SCS Group Cleaning Solution, we use a checklist like this to clean commercial spaces in Melbourne and Sydney.
A Spring Cleaning To-Do List for Small Business Owners in Melbourne
To start, your complete list should include all the parts you want to focus on. We’ve broken down our list by the most common rooms, which are the kitchen, bathroom, and office, but don’t forget hallways and adjoining rooms if you have them.
Bathroom Spring Cleaning To-Do List
Bathrooms are cleaned and disinfected as part of your regular janitorial service, but spring cleaning gives you or your janitorial service provider the opportunity to go a step further:
Bathroom cabinets/storage spaces
- Empty cupboards and/or storage spaces
- Rearrange keeping only what you need.
Toilet and sink
- Dust, clean and disinfect hard-to-reach areas
- Clean and disinfect the trash can
- Replenish soaps and/or paper towels
- Dust, clean and disinfect the mirror.
Walls / Windows / Floors
- Spray and wipe
Kitchen Spring Cleaning To-Do List
Depending on the type of small business you run, you might have a kitchen to clean (note that if you own or operate a restaurant, this list won’t be enough):
- Empty all content
- Clean and sanitize
- Restock with essentials
Appliances (microwaves, teapots, food processors, etc.)
- Spray and wipe thoroughly
- Stoves and microwaves should be washed, scrubbed, and wiped down inside and out!
Tables and chairs
- Dust, spray and wipe
- Remove all food items
- Reorganize by keeping only what you need
- Clean empty spaces by rubbing
Floors and windows
- Mop the floor thoroughly
- To clean the windows
Office room to-do list for spring cleaning
Rugs / carpets
- Dust, clean, and vacuum thoroughly
Cupboards / Storage spaces
- Empty and clean thoroughly
- Only put back what is necessary (hangers, etc.)
- Ask employees to take out anything lying around in closets and shared storage spaces
Spaces reserved for employees
- In the spirit of spring cleaning, ask employees to clear their desks of non-essential items.
Start spring in Melbourne in style
March and April are a period of regrowth in nature and in your business in Melbourne. With this spring cleaning to-do list, you can see everything there is to do to prepare for spring. Cleaning, sanitizing, and organizing the entire office will breathe new life into your office and keep it safe and comfortable until spring.