Uttari Betta is a five-kilometer trek through lush greenery that offers stunning views similar to the Western Ghats. This is one of Karnataka’s most popular day hikes, and it is also one of the best in the state. You will start in a small village, before you reach the fort wall. After passing through seven stone doors, you reach the halfway point. This is marked by the shrine dedicated to Lord Shankareswar located at the top. It is worth taking a moment to be blown away by the view from the temple’s top. After crossing the temple, we continue our journey through a small tunnel in the jungle. Here we will experience a completely new environment before reaching the summit of the hill. It is surrounded by large boulders. After spending time on the summit, enjoying some light chat and lunch, it’s time to descend back to the beginning of the hike.
What can our Uttari Betta Trekking specialist say about the trek?
We start the trek at night. The trek’s starting point is an unnamed village. After walking through the hamlet in the darkness for a reasonable amount of time, you will reach the defensive barricade. You will then pass through seven stone entranceways to your final destination. Because it crosses large stones and steps, the majority of this trail is unstable. After passing through these doors, the halfway point of the climb is reached.
This shrine, dedicated to Shankheshwar, can be found at the summit. The view from the top of the temple is so spectacular that you will want to keep your mind open for a while longer. After passing through the sanctuary, we continue on our route, passing through a small tunnel through the forest, into an entirely different world, and finally arriving at the grassland at top of the hillock. This area is surrounded with enormous stones and boulders as you can see in the photo.
We will have nothing but clear blue skies and green grass at the summit. This moment will help you to recall the incredible harmony that you felt at that moment later in your life.
We enjoyed the stunning sunrise the next morning as the sky lit up with an incredible array of colors. As soon as the sunrise is over, we will start our descent back towards the base camp. While you are captivated by the beauty of the slopes, be careful to keep your feet on the ground. In between, we will take a break to eat breakfast and then move on towards Bangalore.
Trekking directions to Uttari Betta
Trekking is one type of activity.
The terrain is rugged.
This event will last for one day.
There are three types of difficulty levels: easy, moderate, or difficult.
The total distance covered is approximately 7 km (both ways).
The cost of the course is Rs. 1300/-. (per person)
Itinerary for Uttari Betta Trek
- Pick up at New Shanti Sagar Hotel, Domlur at 06.45 a.m.
- You can pick up your order at Garuda Mall, Magrath Road, at 07:00 AM.
- 09:00 You can start ascending once you have reached the bottom.
- 11:15 Take a look around and climb up to the top. Take a picnic lunch.
- Start descending at 12:30 p.m.
- 15:15 Arrive at the start point and start the return journey.
- Arrival in Bangalore is scheduled for around 18:00.
Things to Take with You
- A water bottle that holds 2.3 liters
- Trekkers will receive lunch.
- Trekking shoes are made to offer greater comfort and grip on treks. It is better to wear Action hiking boots.
- You should keep all of these items in a sturdy bag.
- It is essential to have a torch that has additional batteries.
- It is recommended to use sunscreen and sun hats.
- You will find many dry fruits, snacks and energy bars.
- Also available are Glucon D / ORS / TAN / Gatorade sachets.
- Personal first aid and personal medicine identification documentation
- To protect yourself from the scorching summer sun, thorns and insects, please wear long sleeves and full track pant to keep cool.