WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) is a method for connecting devices to a wireless network without entering a password. The WPS button on the Netgear EX6400 extender can be used to connect devices to the extender’s wireless network by first pressing the button on the extender and then the WPS button on the connected device. This allows for a quick and easy way to connect devices to the network without the need to manually enter a password.
The following steps should help you set up your Netgear EX6400 extender using WPS:
- Plug the extender into an electrical outlet and wait for the Power LED to light up solid green.
- Press the WPS button on the extender. The WPS LED will start flashing.
- Within 2 minutes, press the WPS button on the device that you want to connect to the extender.
- Wait for the device to connect to the extender.
- The WPS LED on the extender will stop flashing and remain solid green when the connection is complete.
- Once the device is connected to the extender, you can use it to access the internet through the extender’s wireless network.
To indicate that your router and extender are properly connected, the Netgear EX6400 extender Link Status LED should be solid green.. The Netgear EX6400 Link Status LED will also turn green if the connection is secure. Try again after moving the extender closer to the router if the Link Status LED changes to amber or red.
Netgear EX6400 Manual Setup
Using the Netgear installation assistant, configure a Netgear EX6400 as follows:
- Your Netgear Nighthawk EX6400 extender must be turned on.
- Try to position the WiFi extender near the router.
- Connect your router to the extender.
- Go to 192.168.1.250 in a web browser on a computer or mobile device.
- The NETGEAR installation assistant appears.
- In order to connect your extender to your current WiFi network, follow the on-screen instructions.
- Your extender should be moved to a new location.
- Move the extender closer to your router and try again if you experience poor or no connectivity until the Link Status LED turns green.
- Once you’ve chosen the ideal location for your extender, connect your client devices to the extended WiFi network.
How to setup Netgear EX6400 wifi extender using the Nighthawk App?
The Netgear Nighthawk App is a mobile application for configuring, managing, and troubleshooting the Netgear EX6400 WiFi extender. Follow these steps for Netgear Nighthawk EX6400 setup:
- Download and install the Nighthawk App on your mobile device from the App Store or Google Play.
- Tap “New Extender Setup” after launching the Nighthawk app.
- Select the EX6400 from the list of extenders and tap “Continue”
- Connect your mobile device to the extender’s temporary WiFi network (e.g. NETGEAR_EXT)
- Follow the on-screen instructions to connect the extender to your existing router
- Once the extender is connected to your router, you will be prompted to create a new WiFi network for the extender.
- Once the setup process is complete, your EX6400 extender will be ready to use.
Having issues setting up your Netgear EX6400 extender still? Don’t worry; call our toll-free helpline to speak with one of our knowledgeable, experienced technicians.
Common Netgear Nighthawk EX6400 wifi range Extender configuration Issues
- Mywifiext.net is unavailable.
- My wiFi password is insufficient.
- Internet access is available, but the WiFi extender is not.
- I can’t get in touch with mywifiext.local.
- There is no network connection to the WiFi extender.
- The Netgear genie application won’t open.
- access issues for 192.168.1.250 IP address
- lost configuration CD
- issues with WiFi connectivity.
- Even after the Netgear AC1900 extender has been set up, the Netgear genie smart setup page is still accessible.
- forgot the default password for your Netgear extender.
- Extender’s LED lights are unstable.
- Mywifiext.com is not functional.
- My access to the Netgear EX6400 extender is blocked.
- The EX6400 loses connection to the internet.
- It is not possible to update Netgear firmware.
- I am unable to access mywifiext.net after updating the Netgear EX6400 extender.
Steps to Troubleshoot Netgear EX6400 extender Setup Issues
- Use the troubleshooting steps listed below to fix Netgear EX6400 setup issues:
- Verify that the wall outlet is providing enough power to the Netgear AC1900 extender.
- Make sure the wall plug is not shorted out or damaged before plugging the extender into it.
- Connect to a fast internet connection using your device.
- Check each and every wired connection. If a cable is damaged, use it at your own risk.
- Avoid placing your extender close to things like walls, corners, fish tanks, microwaves, cordless phones, Bluetooth devices, metal objects, aluminium studs, and other similar items.
- Be sure to enter the correct URL in the address bar if you’re experiencing issues with mywifiext.net.
- Try restarting your Netgear AC1900 extender and re-configuring it.
- Use only the most recent version of your web browser when logging into mywifiext.net.
- On your extender, install the most recent Netgear firmware.
- Reset the extender to its default factory configuration.
How to update firmware for the Netgear EX6400?
A Netgear EX6400 extender firmware is essentially an operating system created to run on that particular extender’s make and model. Therefore, confirm that the extender’s firmware is up to date.
Here’s how to update your Netgear EX6400’s firmware:
- Turn on your Nighthawk AC1900 extender to get started.
- Connect your router to the extender.
- Launch your preferred web browser after that.
- In the address bar, type mywifiext.net and press Enter.
- Enter your extender’s username and password.
- From the settings menu, choose Firmware Upgrade.
- After that, press the Check button.
- To update the firmware if a new version is available, select the yes option.
- Give the Netgear EX6400 firmware some time to properly update.
That’s it. The firmware on your extender has been updated. Please get in touch with the professionals at Toll-Free if you need assistance.